Friday, October 14, 2011

I was thinking just last night that I need to write more and if need's be, carry a small note pad around with me for things that I can talk about when I'm blogging.  I find myself blanking out all the time when I sit in front of the computer and go to write a blog.  I just find myself reading other blogs and I think I'm just not that creative.  Maybe? Who knows....

Seems that diving season is over.  That's one thing that sucks about where we live.  We have cold temperatures for what seems like 8 to 9 months a year and clearly that is not conducive to owning your own scuba gear and having a penchant for getting into warm water.  Sure I immersed myself in water that was in the 60s this past summer, wearing a 7mm wetsuit over it, mind you, but still.  Needless to say there will not be any ice diving for this girl over here, no siree bob.  Speaking of, I'm thinking that either say next June or July, we'll end up going away for 2 weeks.  More than likely it'll be Cozumel.  We've never been and it's supposed to be one of the best diving spots in the world.  It's either there or Barbados again and we'll hook up with Fatima and her crew at the Dive Shop to do up our AOW.  That is, if we can find a good enough deal, so we'll see.

One good thing that I'm looking forward to for snow is snowshoeing.  I really liked doing that last winter and it's a good burn.  Jeff said he'd be down for a lot more of that this winter.  Just realised yesterday that I didn't rollerblade at all this year.  I'm so embarassed that I bought these brand spanking new blades summer of 2010 and I've yet to wear them.  WTF is with that? And it's not that I'm lazy, clearly I'm not given that I go to the gym at least 5 times a week, but dang.....I think it's because I never wanted to go by myself.  And Jeff worries that I'll fall and break my neck or something crazy, but that's cool because that's totally legit, I'm a putz and I know it.  Gotta do some rollerblading next year for sure!!

Not sure what the game plan is for tonight.  Christina may come down for a visit after work.  Alex may come down tomorrow to stay the weekend with us, but we don' t know for sure yet.  Greg is supposed to come by tonight too.  I think I'll take the boys out for a nice long walk if it's not pouring.  Tomorrow morning I have to be at Mitsubishi for an oil change...No clue why I thought it was a good idea to go that early, I guess to get it out of the way, but man, no sleeping in for me it seems.  That's alright though, I'll just take a book.  And I'm flying through books lately so that's okay with me.  I think in the past 2 weeks I've read 4 or 5 books and I've got one on deck waiting for me that I can't wait to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();