Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thoughts this Thursday....

You know what?  Being kind and polite pays off ten-fold.  Treat people with a bit of respect and dignity and you'll in turn get it back and then some.  I really enjoy some of the people I work with, particularly some of the Commissioners.  Some of the have decades of legal experience; some are former judges; others have financial backgrounds.  They're all really lovely people.  And the bottom line is: I really don't care how much money you make, at the end of the day, we're all flesh, blood and bones and little separates us from one another.  We all go back to the earth when we die so in the end, there is no difference.  I'd rather have a rich life full of wonderful experiences than say having a fortune and being miserable and shackled to a career that takes you away from the people and things that matter most in your life.  One image I saw recently reminded me exactly of those thoughts:
 
 
Another image that resonated with me is this:

^ That is something that I wish was seared into my head when I'm having a shitty day or not feeling my best.

Moving along, last night we went up to Jeff's brothers and drove through some white-outs on the highway.  Everyone and their brother were driving with their four-ways on.  We finally made it, watched Survivor with Jeff's brother and their parents before bidding them adieu for their trip to Florida where they're going for the next couple of months. 

I went out for a fabulous lunch with my friend and workmate, Marah.  Love this girl to pieces!  We're going to the Yoga Conference together next Friday and Saturday.  She booked us Friday night at the spa after a 6 hour session with Seane Corne.  We'll do a water circuit then have massages at 8.  Should be a fun yet relaxing time. 
Mares and I at a yoga retreat last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();