Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The last week has been BRUTAL

Written Friday, March 21, 2014:

This week has FLOWN by.  I've been so busy at work, which has been a good thing.  My boss has been in Jamaica with her family for her daughter's March Break. I'm staying a bit late tonight just to get some things cleared off my desk so I don't have to worry about them first thing Monday morning.  

Tuesday night we ended up taking the day off to get our car brakes done. That turned into a nearly $1,700 job, involving both front and back breaks, front suspension ball joints and some other shit I can't remember. We initially were going to take it in today but on Monday night we found out that Jeff's mom was in the hospital. A bit shocked and worried, we stayed home Tuesday to get it fixed in the event that we'd have to be doing some driving in the days ahead and we wanted to be ready if needs be (ie something dire happening). We found out more info about his mom and in the evening we picked up Jeff's brother and to the hospital we went. 
Currently Monday, March 24 2014:

To stay that this weekend wasn't interesting is an understatement. Let's start off say last Wednesday 
Two hours later: 
Now I think I've been somewhat open about being depressed and having anxiety or perhaps it's been rather veiled comments I've made in the past but I'm on Effexor or Venlafaxine.  This drug HAS made me feel better.... But now, about 5 months in, I'm noticing crazy things happening.  I seem to have gotten every side effect associated with this drug.  Anyways, on Friday night my top lip swelled up like a bad botox job gone wrong.  It was horrendous looking.  My lip, my cheek, under my eye, my eye lid and eye ball... I probably should have gone to the hospital but they would've given me Benadryl and prednisone, which I refuse to take.  Jeff took me out to get liquid Benadryl at 3 am and I was basically a write off for Saturday and the swelling didn't come down until I woke up on Sunday.  We were supposed to go out for lunch with a friend on Saturday but that didn't happen, but we did go on Sunday.  It was nice seeing him since I hadn't seen him since last September.
Below are pictures of my swollen self on Saturday.  Friday night I refused to be photographed, which in hindsight, I should have, for documentation purposes and to show my Doctor.  Bottom left picture is Saturday morning.  See what I mean?  I look AWFUL and so sick.  Bottom line, I'm beginning to wonder wtf this shit is doing to my insides if externally I'm reacting as badly as I have been.  Even last night, I woke up at 3 am because I'm guessing I had scratched myself awake and I had welts of hives over my stomach, back, feet, forearms and hands!!  The ones on my stomach are usually the largest, some can be as big as small plates!  I've done some googling and found a forum of people on the same medication and we all experience the same bullshit.  It can't be a coincidence.  I'm not going to be referred to any allergists, GI's or immunologists because many of these people have been referred and none of these specialists can find anything wrong with them.  Well clearly something is wrong.  Maybe we're a part of a small percentage of lucky individuals that get these god awful side effects.  But I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone, it's just awful. 

 That's all for now.... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();