Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My 30th Birthday Recap

It's been awhile since I posted.  I've been feeling like crud since last week when I started taking these new meds.  I've been feeling very weak and flu-like but apparently that's bang on to what I'm supposed to be feeling like.  It just sucks because I don't have much energy, I'm constantly yawning, I'm weak and my pupils make me look high, they're MASSIVE.

Moving along.  I worked this weekend petsitting.  My boss covered me for the afternoon and evening on Sunday so I could spend the day with Jeff.  I worked til just after 10 am then came home, ate, had a shower and got ready to head down to the aquarium.  But first, pictures from petsitting.

Then once I was done..... I was ready to rock!  Totally fine with the idea that I'm now no longer in my twenties but rather, I'm finally 30.  Sounds weird to say but it's just a number.  And besides, I lost my shit the weekend before so I didn't hit 30 and lose my marbles. 

I should also mention that I woke up to the nicest, sweetest, most thoughtful gift in the morning of my birthday.  A nice bouquet of flowers and a card laid out for me in the kitchen so that I wouldn't miss seeing it at 6 am when I woke up to get my day started for the last of my pet visits.  It was so nice and I always look forward to the flowers and cards Jeff gets for me.

We dropped off the dogs at my mom's house for the afternoon.  Then set out for downtown, where Marah and Danielle were going to meet up with us.  It was nice to see them but they kind of rushed us when I didn't want it to be about that, I didn't care if we were late according to their time schedules, we were going to get there when we got there, you know what I mean?  It was windy and cold as fuck that day ie not appropriate weather to wear my muscle leggings.  They're summer attire me thinks lol.

Here's the aquarium...

This here was maybe one of the coolest things.. They had some sort of machine that was creating a surge to give the effect of the motion the ocean sways back and forth with surges and waves.  It was so peaceful and relaxing

DEMON eyes lol

My favourite was the JELLYFISH.  Loved this display!!  We spent a total of about 2 hours there and then parted ways with Danielle and Marah walked with us a short way to go shopping and we went off in the direction of Fresh, a vegetarian eatery that I'm nuts about.  Love the food, it's so delish!! :)  We ate there, had a vegan cupcake for dessert as my "cake" we'll say, then we braved the cold Toronto weather and went back to the car to head back homeward way so that we could catch a flick, Gravity, in 3D.

All in all, it was a fantastic day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + ''; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();