Friday, February 21, 2014

If you knew me....

  • I am a redhead... and a Scorpio.  = DANGER.  I have a temper.  *big smiles* LOL
  • I loooooooooove fruit.  I used to be allergic and thankfully am no longer.  Well, I still have to stay away from Lychee and grapes.  But I can deal with that.
  • I often blow off lunches with friends or work colleagues so I can go to the gym and sweat it out like a beast. [As a matter of fact, I'm headed there right now lol]
  • You'd know that I'm a chronic list maker.  I make lists of my lists, particularly when I'm travelling somewhere.  And as a result, I tend to over pack.  It's amazes me I've never lost luggage in all my travels.  *knocks on wood*
  • You'd know that I'm an only child.
  • I adore my two dogs like most people adore their two-legged children.  Just because I choose not to have children in this crazy, fucked up world we live in doesn't make me any lesser of a person than you.
  • I used to work for a National law firm for 5 years but I left back in 2010 because it was either that, or I likely would have had a nervous breakdown by age 30, or I would have died of a stroke or heart attack.  If given the chance, I would never go back to working at a big corporate law firm.
  • You'd know that I have no tolerance for bullshit and drama from women.  I can't stand the catty nature of some women and I stay as far away from that bullshit.  I try to surround myself as much as possible with positivity and good people.  I may not have hundreds of friends but the few I have, they're like gold.  They're family to me.
  • You'd know that my dream dog is a Harlequin Great Dane.  One day... One day...
  • You'd know that I wear my heart on my sleeve
  • You'd know that I don't get enough sleep. LOL. 
  • You'd know that I'm pretty flexible, as in bendy.  I've done dance, gymnastics, acro, yoga and aerial silks all throughout various times in my life.  I'm not double-jointed but I have loose joints and I can hyper extend my thumbs, knees, elbows and shoulders.  The thumbs hurt, but the rest don't.
  • You'd know that I often bite my nails, a habit that I've had since I was a little girl.  My mom tried everything, from that nasty nail polish to tabasco sauce.  If there's a will, there's a way. LOL
  • You'd know that I've had maxillofacial surgery when I was 15 a.k.a. jaw surgery.  Long story short, I had braces when I was younger, had them removed, my upper jaw was average size and bottom was smaller so the braces only did so much but couldn't take away the entire over bite because of the size of the upper jaw bone itself.  Also, I have TMJ which can be painful, it can cause headaches, etc., that and coupled with x-rays that showed by jaw slightly shifting backward over a short period of time, so it was necessary to fix before it got much, much worse.  So I had my wisdom teeth all removed, back to braces for one year to space out my teeth a bit since I was now missing the wisdom.  Surgery consisted of removing 1 cm of the upper jaw bone on the left and right sides alike, pins in upper jaw both sides, bottom jaw shifted forward a bit (not sure by how much but ever so slightly), pins on both sides of my lower jaw, a plate in the roof of my mouth and finally, I have a titanium chin (which is always fun to let people feel lol).  Recovery was BRUTAL.  Stupidly, I had the surgery 2 weeks before going back to school and my face was ridiculously swollen, people thought I had plastic surgery but couldn't figure out what (nose was the common denominator).  I had my jaw wired shut which meant that I had to eat puddings, Boost, Ensure.  It was brutal.  Smells of food were torture for me.  I lost about 30 lbs (great diet lol), so much so that my fingers looked skinny as hell.  I have a permanent numb spot on the left side of my chin (or right side if you're facing me), which is nerve damage and frankly, I'm surprised that's all the nerve damage because they literally cut along the gum line below your teeth all the way from one side of your jaw to the other (both lower and upper) and essentially peel the tissue back to expose the gums.  Sounds gross but it's actually quite fascinating.  So I have the bionic face that's worth tens of thousands of dollars.  :)
  • You'd know I've had Lasik eye surgery in 2009.  I wish I only had it done earlier, it's fantastic and so liberating. 
And I'll end it on that note.  Canada is playing hockey in the Olympics right now and in medal ranking is placed third.  Not bad Canada, not bad at all.  Go Canada go! :)  Have a great weekend everyone!


I found this last night on Facebook and thought it was brilliant!  Love Jack's face lol
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();