Friday, April 11, 2014

The last two days

I woke up this morning at 5 am with a swollen left eye, cheek and a bit of my upper lip.  Episode 4.  I'm not really surprised at this point because my body is detoxing from the chemicals.  I think it's normal and no way worse that last Thursday's episode.  Today I just wanted to send sincerest thanks and gratitude to many of you that have been by my side and supportive during the last 6 months of hell.

Rather than repeat myself over and over to many of you, the latest is this: I'm waiting for a call for an initial consultation and testing at Sunnybrook Hospital in the Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology - Drug Safety Clinic, that likely won't be until later this year, likely in the fall. I'm also seeing a regular allergist in the next two weeks to rule out any additional or new environmental and food allergies.

I've also reported the reactions to Pfizer and spoken with them at length to document what's happened and at least if it happens in the future to someone else, it's documented and they can refer to the details and all the photographs. Finally, I'm reporting the adverse reactions to Health Canada, this because adverse reactions are under-reported in Canada but as a whole for pharmaceuticals. In the last 15 years, there have been over 1,000 adverse reactions reported in Canada for this drug and transparency is key here in finding out why this happens, how it happens and if this shit should be on the market in the first place. I pray that if anything becomes of all this uproar I've caused, it can help someone else in the future that experiences the walk through hell I've been on.

Having said that, I've experienced some pretty unacceptable and frankly, rude comments as of late and this is all I have to say: if you have nothing positive to say, shut it. I don't want to hear it. You have NO clue how much this has affected me physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Have some compassion and if you're going to be rude, just keep it to yourself.  Some of these people I thought were friends but clearly they are no friends if you're going to say things that cross the line.

Lastly, thank you from the bottom of my heart,Jeff for being there for me night and day, staying up all night to make sure I don't go into anaphylaxis, taking days off work to shuttle back and forth to appointments. I couldn't have gone through this without you.

It just makes me sick to know that I'M the one that's had to do all the leg work. All my fucking GP has done has doled out the script she has NO BUSINESS doling out in first place, and secondly, why did it take so many visits to her office, crying my eyes out, pleading for answers and assistance when all she's had to do is one simple job: fax in my god damn referrals that I need. It's not that complicated.

I'll write more tomorrow and I promise it's not going to be medically related lol

On a lighter note.. Here's Ben my boss' Black Labrador





LOLOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();