Monday, June 2, 2014

50 km Ride for Heart Weekend!

Well hello hello!  It is Monday now.  The weekend is behind us.  Yesterday I did the Ride for Heart, I chose to do the 50 km ride, whereas there is a 25 km ride and the 75 km route.  Next year I'll be doing the 75 km, for sure.  It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete, feeling good and quite proud of myself in terms of the time.  Jeff met me as I was coming in and that was super sweet of him.  He ended up doing some geocaches while he waited around for me.  I ended up leaving around 6:45 or 6:50 am, having gotten up around 4:30 am and left the house just after 5 am.

I missed some group pictures because it was chaos getting into the grounds, with having all the entrances and exits closed except for ONE, so everyone and their brother were trying to get in the only open entrance, on top of traffic due to the road closures for the event as well.

I left around 6:45/6:50 am and then rolled in just over 2 hours and 15 minutes later.  I couldn't believe it.  Great weather, I didn't hurt myself at all and I enjoyed myself.  Next year I'll probably end up doing the 75 km because I know I can do it, it's just the mental hurdle I'll have to get over when I have to do a second loop at Eglinton to make up for the additional 25 kms on top of the 50.

I was already back in the car, with Jeff, and we were trying to get out of the city by 10 am.  We killed some time and went to Holy Chuck's for lunch (a well deserved lunch, I must say) and then went back home afterwards.  I was tired in the afternoon so needless to say, I very much enjoyed the couch.  LOL

All in all, a lovely weekend :)

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

At the dog park on Saturday afternoon, Lily joined us while Dina was out at an agility competition with Stella.






 Baxter on the move

 


















 
  Me and my boo afterwards

This was the crowds coming in around 10 am.  So glad we go the opportunity to start early, otherwise it would have been too many people and a clusterfuck, especially at the end where you're corralled and you have to walk your bike to the end so you don't injure anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();