Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Recap - Busy and a Bridal Shower

I had such a nice weekend.  Busy, but filled with fun, laughter, beauty, peace.  I wish it wasn't over and it wasn't Monday.  But I digress.  It is.  Blahhhhhh!

I worked this past weekend pet sitting/dog walking, on top of trying to prep things on Saturday for Sunday's Bridal Shower for my friend Tara's, who's wedding I've previously mentioned I'm in the bridal party for this August.  On Saturday, I made from scratch lemonade, raspberry iced tea and fruit kabobs.  All time consuming.  But it got done.  Thankfully I didn't wait until the very last second to prepare my huge 24 by 36 frame of inspirational words/quotes and images.  She LOVED it.  I took it over on Sunday, someone put it in one of the bedroom's so that it wouldn't get damaged.  At some point, someone pulled it out and I wondered what everyone was focused in on and looking at and sure enough, it was what I made her.  It rendered her speechless.  So I think it was a job well done.  :)

Her fave quote is now: "She stood in the storm, & when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails."  Simple but meaningful.  Everyone loved my gift so I'm pretty impressed with myself.  She also bought the entire wedding party a gift each from Pandora.  Seems everyone got rings to wear the day of the wedding and then her sister Dayna, who's pregnant and will be as big as a house in August, got a necklace I believe.  The day couldn't have been better.  Of course none of this would have been possible had I not gotten some help with some of my scheduled visits on Sunday afternoon.  To top off the little time I did have Sunday morning, a fucking cat bolted out the sliding glass door to the backyard and was NOT supposed to go out there.  I spent almost a half hour trying to persuade the cat in, trying to coax it with treats, trying to possibly throw a towel or blanket over his head to grab in.  In the end, after a slight melt down on my part and a "OMYGODDDDDDD what am I going to do?!?!", cat go up the steps and into the house all on his own.  Buddy was not impressed with me as he was hisses me at in the house ever since.  Whatever, at least I got him in.  I thought he was a fucking goner.  That has never happened to me in two years that I've been pet sitting/dog walking and let me tell you, it's not a feeling I care to re-visit ever again.  Once the cat was back in, I was outta there and finishing up my morning visits so I could head home and clean up for the shower in the afternoon.  My mom ended up coming with me, which made for a nice afternoon.  Wish I could have enjoyed it more, but I do have this upcoming weekend off, which is SWEET! :)

Pip



This is the bugger, Hank, that escaped.  LOL


Auggie, the westie at the same house
as the escapee feline.
  Charlie snuggling with my sleeping husband.  Charlie loves his daddy :)



These two are adorable.  George, on the right, is such a ham and LOVES to be brushed.  Sweet Pea, on the left, she just loves to gaze out at the world from the safety of the front door.  :)
 And the few pics I did take at the shower... (Bride is in navy polka dotted dress)



 Just one area of the beautiful sanctuary of a backyard at Sonja's Mom's house.





My Mom and Tara
 


More pics to come as I steal them from the other girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();