Thursday, September 13, 2012

TIFF, stupid cancer, working out, etc.

Mares and I went to see Disconnect at TIFF yesterday and it was a really, really good movie that I'd highly recommend to everyone.  We ducked out at lunch and came back around 2:30.  What a nice way to break up the monotony of the day.

Then last night, my inlaws came over for dinner so we could chill with them a bit before they head down south for a few months again.

**

Wow, I just found out that an old friend has cancer again... AGAIN.  And he's only 30.  This time, it's lung cancer.  I saw a picture of him at his brother's wedding on facebook and he looked sick so I sent him a message and lo and behold, he is sick.  Poor guy.  If anyone I know can beat that nasty shit, it's him.  He's the one nut wonder that had testicular cancer, don't worry, I say that with the most love as all his friends lovingly call him that. :) 

I just wanted to share my thoughts and views on the different yoga I practice.  I really like hatha, as it involves movement coordinated with breath, but I have to say, practising yoga during the day at the gym versus at night at Yoga Source are two very different things.  I feel like the day practice I do is more work and strength building, whereas at night, I feel it's more restorative, calming and makes me feel whole.  I always leave feeling fantastic, like I'm 10 feet tall. 

Today I sweat my ass off in spinning, but I think I'm going to cut back the days of spinning to one or two. Right now I'm spinning about 3-4 days a week, with one day combat training.  I feel like my ass is outgrowing my pants and thus I need to simmer down on the biking.  I need to include yoga more in my life right now as I feel like I need to be grounded more, I'm feeling a bit unsteady these days and it always helps with that.

This weekend is shaping up with regards to clients and pets I've got to visit.  The dogs are great, Jeff is good, he's continuing to bike almost every evening, one week biking as much as 90km!!!  I'm so proud of him and happy that he's out there, doing something for himself.

Anyways, gotta run to catch my train and clean the yoga studio this evening and then afterwards, grab the dogs and go for a walk with Miss Danielle.

Ciao bellas!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();