Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Look into what a Typical Day of Eating looks like for Me and What I do to Stay in Shape

A typical Day and My Food Intake:

Anywhere from 5:50 a.m. to 6:10 a.m. - Have half a cup of Coffee (usually the left over from the cup and a half I pour into Jeff's travel coffee mug).

I leave for work usually at 6:20 a.m. to catch the 6:32 p.m hour-long train to Union Station in Toronto and that gets me to my desk about 7:45 a.m.  (If I'm lolly-gagging (which I have been lately - lol), I leave the house at 6:45 a.m/6:50 a.m. to catch the 7:02 a.m. train, that lands me at my desk around 8:15 a.m./8:20 a.m.)

8:00 a.m. - Have a protein shake and a banana.

9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - Drink maybe one to two cups of coffee, along with my morning oatmeal.

(On average, after I've had my morning coffee, I won't drink anything else but water for the rest of the day, which may be anywhere from two to four litres of water)

11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - This varies slightly, I'll munch closer to 11:30 if I'm going to a 12 o'clock class or closer to 12:30 p.m. if I'm going to a 1 p.m. class.  I usually eat two rice cakes, always.  Sometimes I'll squeeze in my carrots and celery.  If I don't eat the veggies then, I'll eat them as soon as I get back from the gym.

1 p.m. to 2:30 pm. - Depending on which class I've gone to, during these times I'll eat my lunch, which is a white tortilla wrap with a bit of light mayo, honey Dijon mustard, baby spinach, a slice of Swiss cheese and a home-cooked seasoned thin filet of chicken breast.. Really filling, much more so than deli meat that are loaded with sulfites and preservatives.  I also usually eat a piece of fruit, these days it's a pear and a 100g container of Activia yogurt.

Somewhere usually between 2:30 p.m. and 3:45 p.m., I'll snack on a handful of unsalted almonds and an apple.

I leave work on a good day around 3:45 p.m. but most days 3:55 p.m., which makes for me hauling ASS to the train station to catch the 4:10 p.m. train home.

I get home around 5:20 p.m.-ish and I usually have a coffee and drink more water throughout the evening.  The medication I'm on makes me have dry mouth so I'm constantly thirsty and as a result, always in the bathroom or thinking about going peeing.  I'm also pretty ravenous these days so I usually eat a Quest bar (my faves are raspberry white chocolate and cinnamon roll, I am OBSESSED (I have yet to try the cookies in cream because I don't think it's available in Canada yet)) or I'll eat a couple of rice cakes.  If I'm being particularly bad, I'll eat Doritos Ranch chips (usually on the weekend though, or Tostitos with roasted red pepper hummus - shhhhh, chips are seriously my weakness - some people like sweets or chocolate, I like my ranch Doritos - this is another reason why I work my ass off at the gym lol).

For dinners we usually have baked chicken with seasoning (garlic and this other all-spice type I like to use that's my/our favourite) and veggies.  We rarely eat potatoes anymore, as with pasta, once in a blue moon.  When I make stir-fry's, I make Basmati rice or couscous with it.  As for veggies, we eat steamed broccoli, cauliflower, sautéed onions with lots garlic and sweet peppers, asparagus, sweet potato with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar or coconut oil.  Those are our usual go-to's. 

The odd time I'll get us some frozen yogurt but we don't usually eat dessert.

And after dinner, I'll usually have one coke.  No more than one though.  And I'm a coke snob, it must be Coca Cola Classic and no no-name brand crap.  Yep I know it's bad for you but sue me.

As for workouts:
 
Mondays I go to a BodyShred class, one of Jillian Michaels class she offers through the Goodlife Fitness chain of gyms that I belong to. It's a HIIT class mixed with cardio and small weights. It's 30 minutes long and I look like a drown rat after class. It's the kind of class youre moaning and groaning about during the class and hoping your heart doesn't explode out of your chest.
 
Tuesdays I usually go to a hour long weights and interval training class or if there's a cancellation, there's usually the Shred class.

Wednesday I'll either do my own thing, either being a bit of weights, cardio and abs. Or I do the Bodypump 45 minute class at noon. 

Thursdays are my "relaxing" day. I do an hour of power yoga with Glen Coupland and I love it because it's a lot of deep stretching. My quads and hamstrings are usually tight as hell come the end of the week but sometimes holding poses isn't relaxing lol.

Fridays I do another 45 min Bodypump class with Kathleen. 

If I go on Saturdays and Sundays, which I have been lately, Saturday I'll do the Bodypump class and Sunday BodyShred. 
 
As you can see it's a lot if weight lighting and high intensity interval training. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();