Friday, December 12, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

So I finally erected and decorated our Christmas tree last Monday night.  I wanted to put it up before we were leaving to live at my mom's for a week starting this past Tuesday.  Since we're there til the 16th, I didn't want to come back home and do it then, I'd probably talk myself out of it because there would only be a few days left before Christmas and then I'd have to take it all down again.  I'm glad I did it when I did.  A bit laggy this year but whatevs, better late than never, right?!  Next comes the Christmas shopping.  Holy Hannah I am not looking forward to this.  I really, really hate shopping malls and I think it stems back to when I was 14 and worked at the mall.  I worked at the mall from about 14 to 18, always holding down 2-3 jobs at the same time (seems I still like to hold on to multiple jobs, although I don't consider pet sitting/dog walking a "job").  When you work at the mall and you get a break, you either: eat, shop or both.  AKA always spending money.  So it's evolved over the years that I just don't do malls and when I do, it might be a couple times a year, that's it.  And especially around Christmas, I cannot stand the hoards of people, grumpy/rude people and the never ending line ups.  I know, perspective, right?  So I just have to make some time to go out and do some shopping.  This year we've got Jeff's brother's kids, Jeff's Mom, my Mom and step dad, my Aunt, our friend Dina and then each other to buy for.  Jeff already got things for his Dad and brother, so we're good there. 

The problem, though, is that I'm stressed about what to Jeff every.single.year.  He's the kind of guy that if he needs or wants something, he's got it.  And couple that with the fact that we've been together for nearly 13 years (married 6) and I haven't a bloody clue what to get the guy.

Speaking of Jeff, he was so, so sweet yesterday evening.  So we ended up getting a behemoth of snow overnight Wednesday (see below) and into yesterday and he came to meet me at the train (since I've got my mom's car for a week) and helped me brush off her car.  Not only did he save me from doing, he helped some people that got stuck, brush off their cars.  That man is so incredibly sweet and selfless, he'll do just about anything for anyone without even so much as being asked.  I really need to stop and appreciate him more, he's just so sweet and thoughtful of others.

Work view, not as much snow as where I live but you get the gist.
By the time that I got home and he went on his merry way to get up north... to see his parents, my mom's wonderful neighbours shoveled the ENTIRE long ass drive way, saving myself from doing it and spending hours doing so.  I ended up doing the side yard for the dogs and the front walk way and man I was spent, it was such heavy snow. 

Tonight I'm going to my pet sitting boss' house for a client appreciation party, even if just for a little bit.  It'll be actually nice to see some pet parents in person instead of writing them notes while I'm in their home caring for their animal(s).

Tomorrow we've got some shopping to do, I've got to get Christmas shopping done this weekend and we're going to stop in to see our friends Erik and Tara (the couple who's wedding I was a bridesmaid in last August).  They just closed on their house yesterday and are finally moving in together!!  Won't be going too far for too long because of all the dogs (ours and my mom's) at the house.



Snowy faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();